Bohemian Style Beach Waves
Bohemian Style Beach Waves will give a romantic punch to your overall look, and the best part is that it's easy to achieve.
- SHAMPOO AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR DURING A NIGHTTIME SHOWER. Before I run a brush through it, I spray it with Sleek it Iron Straight Heatspray. It smells amazing and puts a protective layer on your hair and seems to help detangle.
- AIR DRY YOUR HAIR OVERNIGHT. Brush it a few times before you go to bed to keep it from completely frizzing out. Be especially sure to brush it as your laying your head down. You'll get volume and texture you'll get from this step since your hair will scrunch and toss while you sleep.
- CURL YOUR HAIR IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS WITH A CURLING WAND. Brush through your hair when you wake up and check to make sure it's not damp. If it's dry, go ahead and heat up your curling wand. Section off hair and curl the bottom half in one inch sections starting with the section closest to your face. Don't start right at the root. You'll want the first curl start about at eyebrow level (or even chin level for long hair). Curl two sections AWAY from your face and then alternate from curling it toward and away from your face until you get halfway around. Then, start the other side closest to your face until it meets the back and do the next section.
- SHAKE IT OUT. Take your hands with fingers separated (like jazz hands) and place them underneath your hair and make a karate chopping motion back and forth, loosening the tightness of the ringlets until they become loose and more wave like curls.
- LIGHTLY SPRAY THE SEA SALT SPRAY EVENLY OVER HAIR. Aim for the top of your head and you can work it down in a minute. It's important to go extremely light because the main ingredient to these kind of sprays is usually water and you don't want your hair to look like you got in a downpour. You can always add more, but you can't take it away. Scrunch your hair between your fingers and palm, distributing the Sea Salt Spray down each section without adding any more.
- FIND YOUR PART. Maybe you have a place where you usually part your hair, but the fun in this carefully careless do is that you can experiment and find where the waves fall best. Try an extreme side part, for instance. Add a little hairspray if you want to secure the front curls that frame your face and your part.
I just LOVE how I can get this look without meticulously checking all angles from the mirror AND without blow drying in the hot Texas summer. If you give it a try, tag us on Instagram @howdy_honey or #howdyhoney.
Here are the products I use to achieve the results in the picture and instructions above.
COPY THIS LOOK
Here are the boho Howdy Honey accessories featured above.
P.S. The texture makes for a cool base for a messy bun or a half up do the next day. Try it!